Bemat-C is a combination of two different medicines i.e. Betamethasone and Clioquinol. It is used in the treatment of bacterial and fungal infections of the skin. It also helps to treat inflammatory skin conditions by relieving symptoms like redness, swelling, and itching.
Betamethasone valerate (Corticosteriods)
Clioquinol (Antifungal drug and Antiprotozoal drug)
Dose and Direction of Use
- It is used for external purpose only.
- Clean and dry the affected area and apply the cream.
- Wash your hands after applying, unless hands are the affected area.
- Follow the dose and duration as prescribed by the doctor.
Mode of Action
Clioquinol is a member of a family of drugs called hydroxyquinolines which inhibit certain enzymes related to DNA replication. The drugs have been found to have activity against both viral and protozoal infections. Betamethasone binds to specific intracellular glucocorticoid receptors and subsequently binds to DNA to modify gene expression. The synthesis of certain anti-inflammatory proteins is induced while the synthesis of certain inflammatory mediators is inhibited
- Bacterial skin infections
- Fungal skin infections
- Inflammatory and Itching skin conditions
- Insect bites
Don't use this medicine if you have:
- Hypersensitivity to this medicine
- allergic to iodine
Precautions and Warning
- It may cause minor burning, stinging, or irritation when applied. Inform your doctor if this does not go away.
- Do not cover the area being treated with airtight dressings such as bandages unless directed by a doctor, as this may increase the risk of side effects.
- Avoid contact with your eyes, nose or mouth. Rinse it off with water if you accidentally get the cream in these areas.
- Don't use this medicine more often or for longer than advised by your doctor. Inform your doctor if the treated skin area does not improve after 1 week of treatment.