Taurus Pharma Pvt. Ltd.
AZITROX 250 is brand name of Azithromycin 250mg.This antibiotic is used to treat several types of disease that is caused due to bacteria.Azithromycin will not treat a viral infection such as the flu or a common cold.
Dose and Direction of Use
Take this medication whole by mouth with or without food. You may take this medicine with food if it upsets your stomach as prescribed by your doctor.
Mode of Action
It binds to 50S ribosomal subunit of susceptible microorganisms and blocks dissociation of peptidyl tRNA from ribosomes and cause arrest of RNA-dependent protein synthesis but does not affect nucleic acid synthesis. It acts against micro-organisms like Chlamydophila pneumoniae, Haemophilus influenzae, Mycoplasma pneumoniae, Streptococcus pneumoniae, Streptococcus pyogenes, Staphylococcus aureus, Streptococcus pyogenes, Streptococcus agalactiae, Haemophilus influenzae, Moraxella catarrhalis, Chlamydia trachomatis or Neisseria gonorrhoeae.
Pharyngitis or Tonsillitis
Uncomplicated skin/skin structure
Acute bacterial exacerbations of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
Acute bacterial sinusitis
Genital Ulcer Disease (Chancroid)
Nongonococcal or Gonococcal Urethritis and Cervicitis
Pelvic Inflammatory Disease
Don't use this medicine if you have:
- Hypersensitivity to Azithromycin
- History of cholestatic jaundice/hepatic dysfunction associated with prior use of azithromycin
Precautions and Warning
- For the best effect, take this antibiotic at evenly spaced times.
- Stopping the medication too early on your own may allow bacteria to continue to grow, which may result in a return of the infection. So, complete the whole prescribed time.
- If you take an antacid that contains aluminum or magnesium, wait at least 2 hours before or after taking azithromycin as it can decrease the absorption of Azithromycin.
- Don't take extra dose for the missed one.
- Azithromycin can make you sunburn more easily. You can wear scarf or use sunscreen (SPF 30 or higher) when you are outside.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding women then consult to your doctor before taking this medication.