ASIDOL 50 is brand name of Tramadol 50mg. It is a pain relieving medicine. It is used to manage persistent, moderate to severe chronic pain that requires continuous, around-the-clock treatment. With this medicine, you should try to use the smallest amount necessary to control your symptoms, for the shortest possible time.
Opiate (narcotic) analgesics
Dose and Direction of Use
Swallow the capsule whole by mouth. You can take it with or without food but it is better to take at a fixed time. Don't crush, chew or break the capsule. Follow the dose and duration as prescribed by the doctor.
Mode of Action
Tramadol is a centrally acting analgesic with a multimode of action. It acts on serotonergic and noradrenergic nociception, while its metabolite O-desmethyltramadol acts on the µ-opioid receptor. Its analgesic potency is claimed to be about one tenth that of morphine.
- Relieve moderate to severe pain in conditions that affect joints and muscles
- Also, relieve pain in conditions like rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis.
Don't use this medicine if you have:
- Hypersensitivity to this medicine
Precautions and Warning
- Consult with your doctor if you are pregnant or breast feeding woman before taking this medicine to understand the risk and benefit ratio.
- Talk to your doctor about past medical history like kidney problem, heart problem or liver problem before taking this medicine
- Don't double the dose for the missed one.
- Complete the prescribed dose and duration of medicine. Do not stop taking the medication suddenly without talking to your doctor.
- It may cause dizziness or drowsiness so avoid any activity that requires concentration unless you know how the medicine acts on you.
- Avoid drinking alcohol as it can worsen the side effects.
- Prolonged use for more than 5 days may result in physical and psychological dependence even at recommended dosages.