Taurus Pharma Pvt. Ltd.
ANTHELZA 400 is brand name of Albendazole 400mg which is used to treat infections. It is an antiparasitic medicine, used for the treatment of parasitic worm infections. It works by killing the worms that cause infections and stops the infection from spreading.
Dose and Direction of Use
Swallow the tablet whole by mouth. You can take it with or without food but it is better to take at a fixed time. Don't crush, chew or break the tablet. Follow the dose and duration as prescribed by the doctor.To target intestinal parasites, albendazole is taken on an empty stomach in order to stay within the gut.
Mode of Action
It has inhibitory effect on tubulin polymerization which results in the loss of cytoplasmic microtubules.It works by keeping the worms from absorbing sugar (glucose), thereby depleting their energy level. This causes the worms to die and treats your infection.
Parasitic infections caused by dog tapeworm and pork tapeworm.
Don't use this medicine if you have:
- Hypersensitivity to this medicine
Precautions and Warning
- Consult with your doctor if you are pregnant or breast feeding woman before taking this medicine to understand the risk and benefit ratio.
- Talk to your doctor about past medical history like kidney problem, heart problem or liver problem before taking this medicine
- Don't double the dose for the missed one.
- Complete the prescribed dose and duration of medicine. Do not stop taking the medication suddenly without talking to your doctor.
- Your doctor may monitor your blood counts and liver function before you start taking this medicine and regularly throughout your treatment.