Anasen-500DR is brand name of Naproxen. It is used to provides relief from pain and inflammation in disease conditions.It works by reducing hormones that cause inflammation and pain in the body.
Non steroidal anti inflammatory drug (NSAIDs)
Dose and Direction of Use
Swallow the tablet with food. Don't crush, chew or break the tablet.Take this medication with a full glass of water. Do not lie down for at least 10 minutes after taking this drug. Dosage is based on your medical condition and response to treatment.
Mode of Action
Inhibits synthesis of prostaglandins in body tissues by inhibiting at least 2 cyclooxygenase (COX) isoenzymes, COX-1 and COX-2
May inhibit chemotaxis, alter lymphocyte activity, decrease proinflammatory cytokine activity, and inhibit neutrophil aggregation; these effects may contribute to anti-inflammatory activity
Pain and inflammation in conditions like Gout, Juvenile arthritis, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Osteoarthritis and Ankylosing Spondylitis
Muscle and joint pain
Don't use this medicine if you have:
- perioperative pain in setting of coronary artery bypass graft (CABG) surgery
- Bleeding disorders, delayed esophageal transit, hepatic disease, peptic ulcer, renal impairment, stomatitis, late pregnancy (may cause premature closure of ductus arteriosus)
- Hypersensitivity to NSAIDs
Precautions and Warning
- Take it with food or milk to prevent upset stomach.
- If you take antacid then take it 2 hours before or after this medication
- Don't consume alcohol as it can increase the risk of stomach problem
- Talk to your doctor if you have medical condition like kidney problem, liver problem, heart disease or stomach problem
- Consult to your doctor if you are pregnant or breast feeding before taking this medication.
- Drink plenty of water to avoid dehydration.