AMRIDE 50 is an antipsychotic medicine used to treat Schizophrenia (a mental disorder characterized by abnormal behavior, false beliefs, confused thinkings, hearing voices that others do not hear etc). It is also used to treat dysthymia (persistent low mood/ low grade depression).
Dose and Direction of Use
Swallow the tablet whole by mouth.You can take it with or without food. Don't crush, chew or break the tablet. Follow the dose and duration as prescribed by the doctor.
Mode of Action
Selective dopamine-2 (D2) and dopamine-3 (D3) receptor antagonist
D2 receptors are located in the chemoreceptor trigger zone (CTZ) and respond to the dopamine released from the nerve endings
- Acute Psychosis
Don't use this drug if you have:
- Hypersensitivity to Amisulpride
Precautions and Warning
- Consult with your doctor if you are pregnant or breast feeding woman before taking this medicine to understand the risk and benefit ratio.
- Talk to your doctor about past medical history like kidney problem or liver problem
- Don't peform any activity that requires concentration as this medicine cause drowsiness and dizziness. Understand how the medicine reacts to your body.
- Don't consume alcohol with this medicine as it can worsen the side effect.
- It may cause increased weight, blood sugar, cholesterol, and triglycerides (fat) levels. Eat healthy and exercise regularly.