Amlodipine 5mg + Losartan 50mg
Vega Pharmaceuticals Pvt. Ltd.
AMFAST- L is brand name of Amlodipine 5mg + Losartan 50mg. This combination is used to treat the condition of high blood pressure.
Antihypertensive.Calcium Channel Blocker + Angiotensin Receptor Blocker(ARB)
Dose and Direction of Use
Swallow the tablet whole by mouth. You can take it with or without food. Don't crush, chew or break the tablet. Follow the dose and duration as prescribed by the doctor.
Mode of Action
Amlodipine: Amlodipine belongs to a group of substances called “calcium channel blockers”. Amlodipine blocks the transport of calcium into the smooth muscle cells lining the arteries of the heart (coronary arteries) and other arteries of the body thereby also reducing blood pressure.
Losartan: Losartan blocks the binding of Angiotensin II to AT1 receptor.This results in decrease in Aldosterone release and decrease sodium and water reabsorption.Also results in vasodilation and finally decreases high blood pressure.
Hypertension/ High blood pressure
Don't use this medicine if you have:
- Hypersensitivity to Amlodipine and Losartan
Precautions and Warning
- Consult with your doctor if you are pregnant or breast feeding woman before taking this medicine to understand the risk and benefit ratio.
- Talk to your doctor about past medical history like kidney problem or liver problem before taking this medicine
- Don't double the dose for the missed one.
- Complete the prescribed dose and duration of medicine.
- It may cause dizziness or drowsiness so avoid any activity that requires concentration unless you know how the medicine acts on you.