AMFAST 5 is brand name of Amlodipine Besylate 5mg.It lowers the blood pressure which improves oxygen flow in the body and prevents any heart related chest pain.
Antihypertensive (Calcium Channel Blocker)
Dose and Direction of Use
Swallow the tablet whole by mouth. You can take it with or without food. Don't crush, chew or break the tablet. Follow the dose and duration as prescribed by the doctor.
Mode of Action
Amlodipine blocks the calcium channel.Calcium is responsible for contraction of smoooth muscles lining the arteries.Amlodipine relaxes the arteries and increases the flow of blood to the heart and decreases the blood pressure.The enhanced blood flow in the body, further relaxes the heart muscles by reducing the workload on the heart. It also improves the oxygen flow in the body, thereby, preventing any heart-related chest pain.
- Coronary Artery Disease
Don't use this medication if you have:
- Hypersensitivity to dihydropyridines, amlodipine
- Severe hypotension.
- Shock (including cardiogenic shock).
- Obstruction of the outflow tract of the left ventricle (e.g., high grade aortic stenosis).
- Haemodynamically unstable heart failure after acute myocardial infarction.
Precautions and Warning
- Consult with your doctor if you are pregnant or breast feeding woman before taking this medicine to understand the risk and benefit ratio.
- Talk to your doctor about past medical history like kidney problem, heart problem or liver problem before taking this medicine. Caution should be taken in patient treated with heart failure. Careful monitoring is required for patient with liver disease.
- Don't double the dose for the missed one.
- Complete the prescribed dose and duration of medicine.
- A sudden drop in your blood pressure may occur, especially when you first start taking Amlodipine. To lower the chance of feeling dizzy or passing out, rise slowly if you have been sitting or lying down.
- It can cause ankle or foot swelling. To reduce the swelling, raise your legs while you are sitting down. Talk to your doctor if it does not go away.