ALZIN belongs to a class of alpha-blocker. It works by blocking receptors in the lower urinary tract, causing smooth muscles in the bladder neck and prostate to relax. This relaxation improves urine flow and reduces the symptoms of benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) in men with an enlarged prostate.
Dose and Direction of Use
Swallow the tablet whole by mouth. You can take it with food but it is better to take at a fixed time. Don't crush, chew or break the tablet. Follow the dose and duration as prescribed by the doctor.
Mode of Action
It works by relaxing muscle around the bladder exit and prostate gland so urine is passed more easily.
Treatment of Benign prostatic hyperplasia
Don't use this medicine if you have:
- Hypersensitivity to this medicine
Precautions and Warning
- Consult with your doctor if you are pregnant or breast feeding woman before taking this medicine to understand the risk and benefit ratio.
- Talk to your doctor about past medical history like kidney problem, heart problem or liver problem before taking this medicine
- Don't double the dose for the missed one.
- Complete the prescribed dose and duration of medicine. Do not stop taking the medication suddenly without talking to your doctor.
- It may cause dizziness or drowsiness so avoid any activity that requires concentration unless you know how the medicine acts on you.
- Avoid drinking alcohol as it can worsen the side effects
- You will feel better within hours or days of starting the treatment. Full effect is usually seen within 2 weeks.