Omnica Laboratories Pvt. Ltd.
ALLORIC-100/300 consists of Allopurinol. This medicine is used to treat and prevent gout. Gout happens when there is too much uric acid in your body and it forms into crystals that can appear around your joints and kidneys and cause pain. This medicine helps to keep uric acid levels low.
Xanthine oxidase inhibitor
Dose and Direction of Use
Swallow the tablet whole by mouth. You can take it with or without food but it is better to take at a fixed time. Don't crush, chew or break the tablet. Follow the dose and duration as prescribed by the doctor.
Mode of Action
It works by decreasing blood uric acid, which is the chemical that causes gout.
Don't use this medicine if you have:
- Hypersensitivity to this medicine
Precautions and Warning
- Consult with your doctor if you are pregnant or breast feeding woman before taking this medicine to understand the risk and benefit ratio.
- Talk to your doctor about past medical history like kidney problem, heart problem or liver problem before taking this medicine
- Don't double the dose for the missed one.
- Complete the prescribed dose and duration of medicine. Do not stop taking the medication suddenly without talking to your doctor.
- Take this tablet with food to avoid stomach upset.
- Take plenty of fluids (2-3 litres) daily while on this tablet.