Acnecure-A is a combination medicine that helps treat acne (commonly called pimples) by reducing the production of sebum (a natural substance) that causes acne. This kills acne-causing bacteria and prevents spots or pimples from appearing.
Adapalene (Vitamin A)
Dose and Direction of Use
It is for external use only. Clean and dry the affected area and apply the gel. Wash your hands after applying, unless hands are the affected area. Follow the dose and duration as prescribed by the doctor.
Mode of Action
Adapalene is a form of vitamin A which prevents accumulation of the sebum (skin’s natural oil), unblocks the pores and allows natural exfoliation of the outer layers of skin. Clindamycin is an antibiotic which works by penetrating into the skin and killing acne-causing bacteria.It inhibits protein syynthesis by reversibly binding to the 50s subunit of the ribosomal thus blocking the transpeptidation or translocation reactions of susceptible organisms resulting to stunted cell growth.
Don't use this medicine if you have:
- Hypersensitivity to this medicine
Precautions and Warning
- It may take several weeks before your symptoms improve so you need to keep using this medicine even if it appears not to be working. Sometimes acne may get worse before it gets better, however, with proper use, your skin will get clearer. Be patient and keep using it every day.
- Avoid contact with your eyes, nose or mouth. Rinse it off with water if you accidentally get the gel in these areas.
- Apply it as a thin layer onto clean, dry, unbroken skin affected by acne.
- It should not be used if you have eczema or sunburned skin.
- It makes your skin more sensitive toward sunlight. Apply sunscreen or wear protective clothing while stepping out.