Asked by Aite Tamang ,36 years

on 24/12/20

Dear Doctor, My wife tested Covid positive for 5 times (within 1 month) She has no any symptoms even common cold or fatigue. Actually me, my 3 years old daughter and my wife took covid test inorder to return Japan on 27th Nov. Only she was tested positive. So my wife and my daughter unable to return Japan. She that she stayed 14 home quarantine with all preventative measures but every test is positive till now . As per doctor she also took some supplements vitamin C tablets. Her test results is almost same. N-Gen=32 E-Gen=32 Orf1ab=32 The last test result today is N-gen=33, E-gen=33; orf 1ab=33. No any symptoms till now . We would be very great full if you could provide us your valuable advise,/ any treatment procedures. She is working here in Japan and due to her result she cannot return back here. She is more worried now . I am waiting to hear from you soon. Best Regards, Ajir Tamang

Replies to question

RT-PCR can be positive for longer than 2 weeks and up to few months. That would however not signify that your wife is infectious. Ideally speaking, she can break her isolations in 10th day of PCR report if she is asymptomatic throughout the course of illness and and continue her normal life pattern. CT Value is simply a lab guide which will not suggest clinical outcome. We look for patients clinical findings to determine the disease severity/transmission probability and so on. So, don't worry about CT value. As she is asymptomatic and she is under Vit C, she doesn't really need any further medications. I am really unsure about why she was held back, as she has crossed the period when she could have transmitted the virus. It might depend upon policies over there,in Japan but WHO says asymptomatic patients can break isolations from 10th day of PCR positivity. Kindly consult doctor in there for the reason to withhold her. For further queries, feel free to connect. For COVID care, Nepal has some online telemedicine of COVID care like Danphe telehealth and so on. Connect for further querries. Regards

Answered on 25/12/20

Post your Reply

Press Here to type in नेपाली ➤

Articles related to Viral and Infectious Disease Consultation