Asked by Devraj Subedi

on 10/11/20

Do people with sinus infection test PCR positive?

Replies to question

ok, if you were in close contact, it is very likely that you had covid-19,but you are very lucky that you didn't have any symptoms. And regarding being positive again, you don't need to worry if you have stayed in strict isolations for 14 days and if you didn't have any of the symptoms. A fair number of people continue to be positive even beyond 14 days, but if they didn't have any symptoms on 11,12th and 13th day,then they are non-infectious and will not transmit the virus. So, you don't need any extra PCR or you don't need to worry now, as many are still positive beyond 2 weeks too.

Answered on 11/11/20

Sir I had sinus infection last 3 years ago.Now I didn't have any symptoms from the first day relating Covid as you mentioned above since I was tested positive due to contact tracing although I rested 13 days in isolation and in those period I didn't experience any of the symptoms. Still second time I tested PCR positive . Don't know what is this happening to me?

Answered on 10/11/20

IN CASE OF PANDEMIC, the simplest explanation for any Upper/lower respiratory infections could be COVID-19,if the patient has symptoms consistent with FEVER, SORE THROAT, NASAL STUFFINESS, HEADACHE, MYALGIA, COUGH,DIFFICULTY TO BREATH,ANOSMIA/AGUESIA ! So, even if you have history of chronic sinusitis or allergic rhinosinusitis, you might need a PCR for SARS-CoV-2 if you have above mentioned symptoms.And It shouldn't surprise you, if you are positive for COVID-19 . STAY SAFE, PHYSICAL DISTANCING AND USE MASKS ALONG WITH SANITIZER WHEREVER AND WHENEVER REQUIRED.

Answered on 10/11/20

Post your Reply

Press Here to type in नेपाली ➤

Articles related to Viral and Infectious Disease Consultation