Asked by Anonymous User ,36 years

on 1/11/18

My 35 years old daughter have diagnosed and found VUR with grade 2 & 3 and have small scars on both kidney but kidney function 48/52% and one of child surgeon has recommended to surgery but I've consult some other child urologist and have said that surgery is not necessary because after 2-3 yrs child will be growth and this problem will go automatic but have to take antibiotic long time and follow up is needed, I've read and study on Youttube & Google about VUR in details and there explained it too. Now I'm confused what to do, please help me out about this confutation, thanks

Replies to question

You have mentioned 35 years old daughter, its not clear. There are various causes of VUR, so need to know the cause first. You have mentioned 48/52% kidney function which is also not clear. Is the renal function in blood parameters normal? (serum creatinine, urea) The long term antibiotics prophylaxis is necessary to prevent infection of urinary tract. The decision to do surgery or not depends upon the grade of VUR, the cause of VUR, blood level of urea, creatinine and so on. So we should need to look as a whole. You can have online consultation with pediatric surgeon gere via hamrodoctor to get opinion with reports. Please go through this link: https://www.hamrodoctor.com/service/pediatrics

Answered on 3/11/18

Post your Reply

Press Here to type in नेपाली ➤

Recently answered health questions

Your Health and Privacy Matters

Asked by Anonymous User

20 hours, 59 minutes ago

white patch’s in baby body

Asked by Anonymous User

20 hours, 59 minutes ago

white patch’s in baby body