Asked by Anonymous User

on 5/6/20

24 male I have been suffering from Anxiety (Panic disorder and Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) for last 10 years. Due to OCD, I keep doing things repeatedly, I often wash my hand and feel it dirty all time, check my door again and again if it's locked up or not, Doubt people all time and etc. I just came to know about OCD last month, but I was using medicine for panic disorders which is in control now. So will this OCD be cured completely, what should I do and what should not I do to get over it Plz advise....??

Replies to question

Asst. Prof. Dr. Suman Prasad Adhikari

Consultant Psychiatrist , 3 Years of practice

I think the panic spells you were having were part of OCD. The medication doses can be adjusted and moreover you should focus on psychological treatment modalities.

Answered on 7/6/20
Dr. Subodh Dahal

Psychiatry and Mental Health , 5 Years of practice

Washing and Checking are two most common symptoms of OCD. It’s a good news that the panic symptoms are under control. Now there should be slight changes in treatment modalities including medicine and therapies for OCD in combination. There’s a chance of recurrence even after a duration of complete recovery. So, firstly visit a psychiatrist nearby and proceed further according to his advice. You’ll get better soon. Thank you.

Answered on 5/6/20

Post your Reply

Press Here to type in नेपाली ➤

Recently answered health questions

Your Health and Privacy Matters

Asked by Anonymous User

18 hours, 16 minutes ago

white patch’s in baby body

Asked by Anonymous User

18 hours, 16 minutes ago

white patch’s in baby body