Asked by Meg Johnson

on 29/8/21

I have noticed that my hair feels thinner. I usually have thicker hair and I can usually feel it weighing down on my head. I wonder if I experienced some hair loss and wonder if it is something more serious. I noticed this three days ago when I washed my hair with a different shampoo and conditioner. I didnt feel any clumps come out and see no bald patches. Since it was a different shampoo and conditioner, I really had to scrub it out and maybe scrubbed too hard and for too long. I also brushed it while it was wet and extremely tangled. There was a medium sized clump in the drain when I checked, but my father said that he hadnt cleaned the drain in a while and was most likely built up from weeks. My hair is still thick, but I feel like it could be thicker. I have hypothyroidism (have for a long time now) an d take medication for it and I also smoke, but I have never experienced anything like this before. Lately, I have also been wearing my hair up in a tight ponytail or bun. Now, I still see some shedding on my pillow and in the shower which I know is normal. The hair sometimes has a white bulb at the end of it and I want to know of thay means something serious. My scalp has a bit of itching from time to time. I can normally see a little bit of scalp through my part and if I move hair a certain way on the back of my head. I doubt that it is alopecia or telegen effluvium because I have read the symptoms and seen the pictures and my hair is nothing like that. But I am not a professional.

Replies to question

Post your Reply

Press Here to type in नेपाली ➤