Wrinkles are folds or ridges in skin, most prominent on face and neck. They first arrive as a result of facial expression but becomes deep with age.
What causes wrinkles?
Wrinkle with growing age is completely natural. Skin of face undergoes continuous folding while producing facial expression but in old age skin loose elasticity and cannot maintain its original state. Some causes of appearance of wrinkles are:
- Exposure to UV light
- Weight loss and pregnancy
- Inadequate dietary habits
- Lack of sleep
How do you know if it's wrinkles in your face?
If crevices are deeper than usual then sorry your face does have wrinkles.
How do you get rid of wrinkles?
There is a saying “Wrinkles only go where smiles have been”. So no need to worry much with wrinkles. You can simply get rid of wrinkles by following this measures.
Image source: Allure.com
- Protect your skin from sunlight: It might sound too simple but is very effective. UV rays breaks collagen and elastin present in skin which is responsible for tightening of face. So put on your sun protection cream and avoid sunlight if you don’t want to look old sooner.
- Moisturize: Fine lines and wrinkles are prominent in dry skin. Moisturized skin traps water masking wrinkles.
- Spicing up your life, but don’t forget about your wrinkles: Healthy food is the key to healthy skin. Foods like papaya, spinach, might not please your tastebuds but your skin will thank you later.
- Quit smoking: Smoking worsens wrinkles. It causes rapid breakdown of collagen.
- Avoid squinting: Squinting your eyes for long time in front of mobile or computer not only strains your eyes but also makes wrinkles prominent
- Use essential oils: You can use essential oils like coconut, jojoba oil, to massage your skin it will improve your circulation and will keep you moisturized too.
You need to visit the skin doctor for the medical treatment. Your dermatologist may perform following different procedures as per the need and requirement:
- Fillers: In this process, ollagen injected into face to make skin plump
- Laser therapy: It destroys upper layer of skin and stimulates development of collagen.
- Botox injections: It tightens muscles
- Facelifts: It is a cosmetic surgery that removes excessive fat and skin.
When to see a doctor?
There is no hard and fast rule. If wrinkles lowers your confidence and hinders your everyday life you should visit a doctor.